What is the difference between SDET and TESTER?
SDET is highly skilled resource with development as well as testing skills, on the other hand tester is involved in preparing and executing the test cases either manually or by automation. Moreover, Testers are resources with limited programming skills and they are much focused on functional testing (black box testing) whereas SDETs are skilled resources with good programming skills and do the job of tester (white box testing) as well as developer in test automation.
SDET can participate in test automation tool development and may make it for generic use. Testers are not expected to develop test automation tools, they may use these test automation tool to perform the testing required for their software application or project.
More SDET Interview Questions by Devlabs Alliance
- What are the roles and responsibilities of SDET?
- How to become SDET ?
- How can a QA or Test engineer become a SDET?
- SDET Frequently Asked Questions
- Top 20 Software Testing Interview Questions for SDET
- Top 20 Data Structure Interview Questions for SDET
- Top 20 Maven Interview Questions
- Robotic Process Automation – An ultimate solution
- Process Automation and Mitigating Risks during Natural Disasters
- Advanced Selenium Interview Questions
- JIRA Interview Question
- Robotic Process Automation in Healthcare Industry
- What is Microservices Architecture
- Robotic Process Automation Simplified
- Setup Selenium with C#
- Varenya Varshney
Both trainers (Ravi and Naresh) were excellent in their approach. Session was less of a theory and more of a practical. And even the theory part was quite interesting. A bit issue with the volume of information which I had received in just a span of 2-3 days - it seemed a bit over-loaded. But overall, it has given me a great platform to take it forward from here!
- Abhishek Tripathi
Training provided by the trainers here is completely awesome. Trainer is highly qualified in their areas with practical experience. Also amenities provided during training by institute is great
- Vijay Kumar
Excellent Training program. Training courses and trainers are very good. Trainer will explain you as many time you ask the question. Best thing is hands on based training. You learn by doing. Looking for more courses from here.
- Salaja K
Training provided by the trainers in DevLabs Alliance is completely awesome. Trainers are highly qualified in their areas with practical experience. Since it is 3 days training we have completely got the opportunity to have hands on.
- sairam shyamala
It was good session, I left my training room with basic knowledge on all the tools. Tutors have great knowledge and experience on the tools. But three days is not enough time.