What is Nagios? DevOps Interview Questions
- September 12, 2019
- Posted by: DevLabs Alliance
- Category: DevOps
Nagios is used for Continuous monitoring of systems, applications, services, and business processes etc. in a DevOps culture.
If a failure occurs, Nagios has alerting ability to inform the technical staff about the problem, allowing them to begin remediation processes before outages affect business processes, end-users, or customers. With Nagios, you don’t have to explain why an unseen infrastructure outage affect your application’s performance in production environment.
By using Nagios you can:
- Plan for infrastructure upgrades proactively, before outdated systems cause failures.
- Respond to issues at the first sign of a problem.
- Automatically fix problems when they are detected.
- Coordinate technical team responses.
- Ensure your organization’s SLAs are being met.
- Monitor your entire infrastructure and business processes.