What is Automation?
The dictionary defines automation as “the technique of making an apparatus, a process, or a system operate automatically.”
We define automation as “the creation and application of technology to monitor and control the production and delivery of products and services.”
Using our definition, the automation profession includes “everyone involved in the creation and application of technology to monitor and control the production and delivery of products and services”; and the automation professional is “any individual involved in the creation and application of technology to monitor and control the production and delivery of products and services.”
Automation encompasses many vital elements, systems, and job functions.
Automation provides benefits to virtually all of industry. Here are some examples:
- Manufacturing, including food and pharmaceutical, chemical and petroleum, pulp and paper
- Transportation, including automotive, aerospace, and rail
- Utilities, including water and wastewater, oil and gas, electric power, and telecommunications
- Facility operations, including security, environmental control, energy management, safety, and other building automation
- And many others
Automation crosses all functions within industry from installation, integration, and maintenance to design, procurement, and management. Automation even reaches into the marketing and sales functions of these industries.
Automation involves a very broad range of technologies including robotics and expert systems, telemetry and communications, electro-optics, Cyber security, process measurement and control, sensors, wireless applications, systems integration, test measurement, and many, many more.
- Robotic Process Automation – An ultimate solution
- What is Nagios? DevOps Interview Questions
- Popular DevOps Interview Questions
- What is CI? What is its purpose?
- Robotic Process Automation in Healthcare Industry
- How can I switch from QA to SDET?
- Skills required to become SDET
- How are the data structures and algorithms useful for SDET?
- SDETs – the demand of today and tomorrow in Software Testing
- Eclipse Cheat Sheet
- What Are The Skills Required for SDET?
- How to Download & Install Selenium WebDriver in Eclipse (Step-By-Step)
- Java and Eclipse Setup Guide
- Top 20 Data Structure Interview Questions for SDET
- Top 20 Maven Interview Questions
- Salaja K
Training provided by the trainers in DevLabs Alliance is completely awesome. Trainers are highly qualified in their areas with practical experience. Since it is 3 days training we have completely got the opportunity to have hands on.
- sairam shyamala
It was good session, I left my training room with basic knowledge on all the tools. Tutors have great knowledge and experience on the tools. But three days is not enough time.
- Abhishek Tripathi
Training provided by the trainers here is completely awesome. Trainer is highly qualified in their areas with practical experience. Also amenities provided during training by institute is great
- Varenya Varshney
Both trainers (Ravi and Naresh) were excellent in their approach. Session was less of a theory and more of a practical. And even the theory part was quite interesting. A bit issue with the volume of information which I had received in just a span of 2-3 days - it seemed a bit over-loaded. But overall, it has given me a great platform to take it forward from here!
- Vijay Kumar
Excellent Training program. Training courses and trainers are very good. Trainer will explain you as many time you ask the question. Best thing is hands on based training. You learn by doing. Looking for more courses from here.