Today VMware is the choice of every IT professional to create and manage virtual machines. It is leading a way in the transformation of IT infrastructure from physical equipments to a virtual, software solutions. VMware is basically a cloud computing and virtualization software provider for X86 or IBM compatible servers or computers. It hosts another operating system in such a manner that each operating system acts as if it is installed on as an own contained system with hardware resources and set of programs of its own.
Virtualization is at the heart of VMware’s one cloud, any application architecture or any device. This VMware Course introduces you to a VMware’s virtualization solution. It helps the participants to provide extendibility to virtualize applications and simplifying the virtual data centre.
Who should take this course?
- System Administrators
- System Engineers
- Storage Administrators
- Performance and capacity Analyst
- Any fresher seeking career in this field
Basic knowledge of Linux/Windows administration
What will you learn from this course?
You will be able to do the followings after attending the VMware course:
- Describe the software-defined data center.
- Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches.
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure.
- Deploy an ESXi host.
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance.
- Use VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler clusters to improve host scalability.
- Use VMware vSphere Update Managerto apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESX hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
VMware Certified Expert by DevLabs Alliance work with global organizations like Accenture, Optum, Capgemini, Cognizant, TCS, TechnoSoft, Oracle, Expedia etc.
To unlock DevLabs Alliance’s certification, you have to complete and submit the use case assignments provided during the course, then assignments submitted by you will be evaluated by a team of VMwareexperts and practitioners. Your result will be shared after assessment and certification will be awarded accordingly.
Why you should take this course from DevLabs Alliance?
|Features||DevLabs Alliance||Other Training Providers|
|Classroom Session||✔ Interactive Classes room session with Extensive hands-on||Instructor led, no hands-on|
|Access to Recorded Videos||✔||✔|
|Support Post Session||✔||✗|
|Case Studies Discussion||✔||✗|
Questions around VMware Certification?
- VMware Introduction and course logistics
- Course Objective
VMware Virtualization Introduction
- Introduction to virtualization, virtual machine, and vSphere components
- Understanding concepts of server, network and storage virtualization.
- Describing where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture.
- Installing and using vSphere user interfaces.
Creating virtual machines
- Introduction to virtual machines, virtual machine hardware and virtual machine files.
- Identification of the files that make up a virtual machine.
- Understanding virtual machine CPU, memory disk and network resource usage.
- Importance of VMware tool.
- Deploy and configure virtual machines.
VMware vCenter Server
- Introduction to vCenter Server architecture
- Introduction to VMware Center Server Appliance
- Configuration and management of vCenter Server Appliance
- Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Describe, create and manage standard switches
- Describe and modify standard virtual switch properties
- Configure virtual switch load-balancing algorithms
- Use VLANs with standard switches
Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
- Introduction to storage protocols and device names
- Configuration of ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Creation and management of vSphere data stores
- Deployment and management of VMware vSphere Storage Appliance
Virtual Machine Management
- Use templates and cloning to deploy new virtual machines
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Clone a virtual machine
- Remove virtual machines from the vCenter Server inventory and datastore
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Perform vSphere vMotion and vSphere Storage vMotion migrations
- Discussing a strategy for backing up ESXi hosts and vCenter Server
- Discussing solutions for backing up virtual machine efficiently
Access and Authentication Control
- Control user access through roles and permissions
- Configure and manage the ESXi firewall
- Configure ESXi lockdown mode
- Integrate ESXi with Active directory
- Explain VMware vShield Endpoint integration in VSphere
Resource Management and Monitoring
- Introduction to virtual CPU and memory concepts
- Describing methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
- Configure and manage resource pools
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Introduction to new VMware vSphere High Availability architecture
- Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster
- Introduction to VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Describing VMware vSphere Replication
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler(DRS) cluster
- Configure Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
- Using vSphere HA and DRS together
- Use update manager to manage ESXi patching
- Install Update Manager and the Update Manager plug-in
- Creation of patch baselines
- Scan and remediate hosts
Installing VMware Components
- Introduction to ESXi installation
- Describing boot-from-SAN requirements
- Introduction to vCenter Server deployment options
- Describing vCenter Server hardware, software, and database requirements
- Installing vCenter Server(Windows-based
What are the prerequisite for VMware Certification Program?
Basic knowledge of Linux/Windows administration