How do all the automation tools work together in a CICD flow?
In a CICD pipeline, everything gets automated for seamless delivery. However, this flow may vary from organization to organization as per the requirement.
A generic DevOps flow would be:
- Developers develop the code send this code to the Git repository and any changes made in the code is committed to this Repository.
- Jenkins pulls this code from the repository using the Git plugin and build it using tools like Ant or Maven.
- Unit testing is performed using JUnit kind of framework. (JUnit plugin available in Jenkins).
- Once, the application is packaged in an executable file, it is pushed to an artifactory like JFrog and then, a Docker image comprising of the application (pulled from artifactory) and all its dependencies is created.
- Configuration management tools like Ansible deploy this image across environments with the environment specific configuration settings.
- Once it reaches testing environment, Selenium is used to run the automated test cases.
More DevOps Interview Questions by Devlabs Alliance
- What is a Docker container? How do you create, start and stop containers?
- What is CI? What is its purpose?
- Which among Puppet, Chef, SaltStack and Ansible is the best Configuration Management (CM) tool and Why?
- What is Nagios? DevOps Interview Questions
- How to become SDET ?
- SDETs – the demand of today and tomorrow in Software Testing
- Eclipse Cheat Sheet
- What Are The Skills Required for SDET?
- How to Download & Install Selenium WebDriver in Eclipse (Step-By-Step)
- Java and Eclipse Setup Guide
- Top 20 Data Structure Interview Questions for SDET
- Top 20 Maven Interview Questions
- Robotic Process Automation – An ultimate solution
- Process Automation and Mitigating Risks during Natural Disasters
- Advanced Selenium Interview Questions
- Vijay Kumar
Excellent Training program. Training courses and trainers are very good. Trainer will explain you as many time you ask the question. Best thing is hands on based training. You learn by doing. Looking for more courses from here.
- Varenya Varshney
Both trainers (Ravi and Naresh) were excellent in their approach. Session was less of a theory and more of a practical. And even the theory part was quite interesting. A bit issue with the volume of information which I had received in just a span of 2-3 days - it seemed a bit over-loaded. But overall, it has given me a great platform to take it forward from here!
- sairam shyamala
It was good session, I left my training room with basic knowledge on all the tools. Tutors have great knowledge and experience on the tools. But three days is not enough time.
- Salaja K
Training provided by the trainers in DevLabs Alliance is completely awesome. Trainers are highly qualified in their areas with practical experience. Since it is 3 days training we have completely got the opportunity to have hands on.
- Abhishek Tripathi
Training provided by the trainers here is completely awesome. Trainer is highly qualified in their areas with practical experience. Also amenities provided during training by institute is great