How do all the automation tools work together in a CICD flow?
- September 12, 2019
- Posted by: DevLabs Alliance
- Category: DevOps
In a CICD pipeline, everything gets automated for seamless delivery. However, this flow may vary from organization to organization as per the requirement.
A generic DevOps flow would be:
- Developers develop the code send this code to the Git repository and any changes made in the code is committed to this Repository.
- Jenkins pulls this code from the repository using the Git plugin and build it using tools like Ant or Maven.
- Unit testing is performed using JUnit kind of framework. (JUnit plugin available in Jenkins).
- Once, the application is packaged in an executable file, it is pushed to an artifactory like JFrog and then, a Docker image comprising of the application (pulled from artifactory) and all its dependencies is created.
- Configuration management tools like Ansible deploy this image across environments with the environment specific configuration settings.
- Once it reaches testing environment, Selenium is used to run the automated test cases.
More DevOps Interview Questions by Devlabs Alliance
DevLabs Alliance is an emerging Information technology consulting and training company headquartered in Gurgaon. We conduct career transformation workshops & trainings in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Agile, DevOps, Big Data, Block Chain, Software Test Automation, Robotics Process Automation and other cutting edge technologies. We have a rich pool of like-minded trainers cum consultants who are having diversified experience in their respective technology stack and is in process of continuously growing this pool. We partner with individuals, IT prospects and companies and provides customized trainings, consultancy and workshops as per their training & business needs. We have a presence across four continents (Asia, Canada, USA & Europe) and driving our mission in association with our channel partners. We are highly committed towards building Next-Gen Engineers by offering Capstone and placement internship programs to IT aspirants. We have delivered 5000+ hours of training, 600+ happy professionals, 15+ corporate clients and has placed more than 400 students in global organizations.